Personal Information Protection Policy
Ichigo Hotel's Commitment
The Ichigo Hotel REIT Investment Corporation ("Ichigo Hotel") is committed to respecting and complying with Japan’s Personal Information Protection Law, the National Identification Number Law, and other applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines regarding the protection and handling of personal information.
Acquisition and Use Of Personal Information
Ichigo Hotel will acquire personal information only through appropriate means, and will disclose, notify, or state the purpose of use if personal information is directly acquired from an individual in written form or via the Internet, etc. (However, if the purpose of use of the personal information is manifestly clear at the time it is acquired from the individual, there is no additional disclosure requirement for Ichigo Hotel on its purpose of use.) However, Specific Personal Information as defined under Japanese law shall be acquired and used only to the extent prescribed in relevant laws and regulations.
Measures for Protection of Personal Information
Ichigo Hotel shall take appropriate measures to secure personal information from loss, damage, and/or disclosure at each level of acquisition, use, and storage of information.
Purposes of Use of Personal Information
The Personal Information that Ichigo Hotel acquires shall be used for the following purposes:
- To exercise rights and execute duties under the Investment Trust and Investment Corporation Law and other applicable laws and regulations;
- To properly manage and confirm inquiries and visitors to Ichigo Hotel;
- To carry out business operations of Ichigo Hotel in the normal course of business;
- To engage in matters such as data gathering and analysis, sending notices, and supplying information as necessary to execute the businesses of Ichigo Hotel;
- For identification purposes for any applications, contracts, and other documents necessary in the normal course of business of Ichigo Hotel; and
- To delegate the handling of, to share, and to provide personal information to third parties as necessary to carry out (1) to (5) above.
Notwithstanding the above, Specific Personal Information acquired by Ichigo Hotel shall be used only for the following purposes:
- Operations related to Ichigo Hotel preparing payment records for the payment of compensation, fees, contractual fees, or reward to lawyers, certified public accountants, tax accountants, judicial scriveners, administrative scriveners, real estate appraisers, property researchers, etc.;
- Operations related to the preparation and submission of payment records of dividends, dividend in excess of earnings, and interest regarding dividends paid by Ichigo Hotel to its shareholders;
- Operations related to the preparation and submission of payment records of rent paid by Ichigo Hotel to its lessors for the use of real estate;
- Operations related to the preparation and submission of payment records with respect to payments made by Ichigo Hotel to sellers of assets to Ichigo Hotel;
- Operations related to the preparation and submission of payment records of payment for real estate or loan mediation by Ichigo Hotel to its agent;
- Operations related to the preparation and submission of legal documents for granting and exercising of stock options, and free issuance of new shares; and
- Operations related to the preparation and submission of legal documents requiring Specific Personal Information by applicable law.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The personal information acquired by Ichigo Hotel shall be provided to third parties only in the following cases. As for Specific Personal Information, Ichigo Hotel will not provide or disclose the information to third parties unless permitted by law.
- In the event where consent is received from the relevant person;
- In the event where disclosure is required by applicable law or ordinance;
- In the event receiving timely consent is difficult and disclosure is necessary to protect life or property;
- In the event necessary to cooperate with government or local authorities in their execution of official work where the acquisition of consent from the affected person may interfere with such official work;
- In the event where handling of personal information is delegated to third parties with appropriate supervision of Ichigo Hotel; and
- In the event where the Personal Information Protection Law and other applicable laws, ordinances, and guidelines permit.
Supervision of Service Providers Handling Personal Information
When Ichigo Hotel delegates handling of personal information in a compliant and appropriate manner to third parties, Ichigo Hotel shall supervise such delegated parties as necessary.
Inquiries Concerning Personal Information
Please direct any inquiries and/or requests for disclosure, amendment, and cessation of use of personal information to the following:
For inquiries regarding the Shareholder Registry and other share-related operations of Ichigo Hotel:
Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd
Custody Services Division
2-8-4 Izumi, Suginami-ku, Tokyo 168-8507
TEL: 0120-288-324 (toll-free) (Japanese only)
Business hours: 9am to 5pm (closed on weekends, and public holidays)
For all other inquiries:
Ichigo Hotel IR Desk
The Imperial Hotel Tower, 1-1-1 Uchisaiwaicho
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0011
Business hours: 9:30am to 6:15pm (closed on weekends, public holidays, and company holidays)
This Personal Information Protection Policy may be amended for various reasons, such as changes in laws or regulations.